Port Clinton Lighthouse
Photo Credit: Lake Erie Shores and Islands
Water Works Park, E. Perry Street, Port Clinton (SR 163) Note: Port Clinton Lighthouse was moved from private property to Water Works Park in Port Clinton in August of 2016 after undergoing a complete restoration.
This small wooden lighthouse guarded the west breakwater of the Portage River entrance between 1874 and 1964. This beacon had a single kerosene lamp visible for six miles. New for 2019: a replica Lightkeeper’s Boathouse located near the lighthouse will house historical displays and artifacts, keepers rowboat and gift shop.
Port Clinton Lighthouse, (419) 797-2504 or http://portclintonlighthouse.org/
2019 Tours: May 25 through September 2, Saturday through Sunday from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. Special tours: May 27; July 4; September 2; and October 12, 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. Grounds are open year-round. Rates: $3 per person (must be 42 inches tall); age 10 and under are free.