Cleveland Harbor East Entrance Lighthouse
Photo Credit: C. Hanchey
Best viewed from Cleveland Lakefront State Park’s Gordon Park or E. 55th Street Marina.
Guarding the east entrance to Cleveland’s harbor, this 47-foot steel tower is still an active navigational tool. A red light flashes three seconds on, three seconds off. The original structure was a skeletal lighthouse built in 1915.
Convention and Visitors Bureau of Greater Cleveland, (800) 321-1001.
This lighthouse can only be viewed from a distance. Lake cruises, which include close-up views of Cleveland’s lighthouses, are offered by the NAUTICA QUEEN (www.nauticaqueen.com) and the GOODTIME III (WWW.GOODTIMEIII.COM).